As Jules wiped away the night from her eyes she saw a mysterious envelope leaning precariously against a glimmering crystal vase of freshly cut wildflowers. As the sun met vessel, prismatic flashes of light began to dance around the room. A sigh of fulfillment escaped her lips as she sunk back into the deep sea of blankets and feather pillows. Her curiosity began to get the best of her as she thought about the note waiting for her. She slowly pushed herself above the sheets and peered in its direction a second time. Last year he forgot and she was crushed. How a man can forget the day where two souls pledged themselves to each other for eternity was beyond her understanding. It appeared as if he was off to a much better start this year.
As she fought her way across the warm expanse of their bed, the daze of the night began to lift from her eyes. The outside simply read, "To Jules, with love." The letter itself was not his typical copier paper high school boy note, this was written on woven linen like a poet. She smiled to herself, "At least he hasn't managed to ruin it yet." She reached out and felt its rigid texture between her smooth fingers. As she unfolded the letter two freshly plucked flower petals fell onto her lap. The sight of the petals caused tears to begin to well up in her eyes. She held the letter close to her heart, and imagined the delights that waited for her inside its folds. Slowly she pulled at the edges and began to probe its secrets.
Dearest Juliet,
I cannot express how sorry I am for the events of last year. Though I loved you, I never took the time to be in love with you. I am glad that you have chosen to give me this year to prove my love to you. If I am lucky you will give me yet another year to continue to find more love for you.
Jules, you are my soul and the thing that makes me complete. Each day becomes better than the last and I need you more each day. I loathe the days where I miss your touch and the feel of you beside me. Each day begins with the tenderness of your lips, the warm glow of your eyes as they meet mine. I miss you when you are away from me and live each day to return home to you and your loving embrace.
If you see fit, please continue to be my friend, my lover, my soul mate. I live each day to see the night and to return home in the hopes that I will make love to you and we will again melt into one. I love you truly Juliet, and I will return to you soon.
Love regardless,
Me
PS. There is a box under the bed. It contains three gifts, one for you, one for me, and one for us. I suspect you will know what to do with them. If not, I will be home soon and would love to show you.
Excitement raced through her body as she pondered the mysterious package buried below her. Slowly she leaned over the edge and located the expertly wrapped package. She started gently tugging at the paper with self control but a childlike curiosity overtook her as she ripped into the mystery in order to see its contents. As she opened the flap and viewed the contents she immediately knew this plans for this night.
Juliet laid back into the warm embrace of her bed and allowed her mind to run wild. He remembered, love had returned, and today was going to be amazing.
Now - What was in the box?
No comments:
Post a Comment